Now that it's officially summer, it's time to strip off all of that heavy foundation and contouring and go with radiant, fresh skin, a pop of color and a long lash. Say goodbye to buffing and layering. Since we can't forget how annoying humidity, foundation and fine lines are, try turning a new page* and pare down that caboodle. Say hello to something fresh, pretty and easy!
1. Only use a small amount of foundation to cover what actually needs to be covered. Your skin is probably better than you give yourself credit for...let it show! Feather a small amount of base** from the center of your face outward. Think fresh and freckled, not plastic or 'gram-y.
Try: It Cosmetics CC Cream, $38.00 // L'OREAL Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, $13.00
2. Add a bit of extra radiance to your BB Cream or foundation and then use a matte setting powder to contour away the glow where you don't want it. This is a great way to add an all over glow without going too far. Using the setting powder as a contour is so natural but still gives the effect of subtle shading. Or skip the mix and go straight for this powder duo.
Try: Lancome Belle de Teint, $38.00 // Bare Minerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo, $32.00
3. Fill in your brows lightly, with a natural looking color and skip the squared off ends. After applying your pencil or powder, add a light touch of brow gel so it stays in place no matter what.
Try: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil, $32.00 // NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil, $9.00 // Ulta Brow Gel, $6.00
4. Make your cheeks pop with a sheer tint of color. And it's bonus if it works on your lips, too! My favorite shade, Posie, is perfect for "check mark" cheeks (for your selfie close-ups!).
Try: Julie Hewett Cheekie in Posie, $24.00
5. Forget fussy. If you can't apply your mouth without a mirror, you don't need it. Slow and hazy summer days go best with a light or natural toned lip color. Think relaxed...play with texture and shine and skip the perfection.
Try: BHue Chameleon Pink Jelly, $17.00 // Julie Hewett Bijou Lipstick in Edie, $24.00
Happy pool days!
*I wanna read this - I hear it's hysterical!
** My now 9-year-old niece only refers to foundation as base. She will use no other term.
Find Kelly on Google+. Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here.