This month, Beauty Box 5 ups its nail game with two polishes from Rockstar Nails. That's one polish and one coordinated "sprinkle" polish, which is their take on a caviar manicure. If you haven't tried one before, this is a great way to experiment! I've tried the Caite polish and got one solid day of wear, which is all you can expect. If you aren't a "picker", this manicure may be for you.
Here is how to get the look:
- Start out by making sure your nails are free of oils.
- Swipe nail beds with a bit of polish remover.
- Then coat nails with a sticky base coat.
- Next, apply one coat of the solid color on one nail and wait about 10 seconds.
- Apply the "caviar" onto the wet nail. Be careful to do this over a piece of paper so you can return the unused beads to the bottle.
- Continue painting your nails one at a time until you've covered as many as you desire with the beads.
Now try to avoid picking them off...
A sample of John Frieda's Volume Shampoo and Conditioner: this is like a magazine sample, so I'm nonplussed.
Every Beauty Makeup Remover Pad with Argan Oil Extract: these are interesting makeup wipes that can't dry out and contain no alcohol. If you have sensitive skin, you might be thrilled to discover these. Just add water to activate the ingredients and say goodbye to all of that eye makeup!
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara (travel size): this is a great mascara to throw in your purse for the after work touch up. The mini brush is actually shaped like the actual brush, which is a rare find. This mascara is sincerely fabulous. I'm not always a fan of the travel sizes (they never seem to really deliver) and this mascara gives HUGE lashes and exceeds my expectations!
I almost forgot! I also received a $10 gift certificate to MyNameNecklaces.com. I haven't ordered one yet; the necklaces seem to start at $40 and go up from there.
Overall, I liked this box, but I don't need the shampoo samples. What do you think? Beauty Box 5 is available for $12 a month; score your own box by signing up online!
Find Kelly on Google+, Twitter or Facebook. Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here. Subscribe and never miss a thing!