by guest blogger, Anne Houseman of Beauty Xpose
To find out how to get the perfect finger waves, we consulted with Moulay Yacoubi, a top stylist at New York’s Pierre Michel Salon. Yacoubi has worked with the most elegant celebs, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Naomi Campbell, Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Hurley and Kate Moss, so we knew he’d be just the person to go to for a more modern ’20s style like we’ve seen on Maggie Gyllenhaal and Charlize Theron. He offers these expert tips for achieving a flawless finger wave look:
1. Run a light gel through wet, clean hair, covering the entire head
2. Use a comb to part the hair to one side
3. Using the index and middle finger, take a small section of the hair at the front of the head and and push it forward, about halfway down the forehead
4. Weave the hair between the two fingers until you’ve reached the end of the small section
5. Secure the small section of hair with a bobby pin
6. Repeat the technique on the entire head of hair, and let air dry
7. When the hair is dry, remove bobby pins
8. Run a light shine serum through the hair to tame fly-aways and reduce frizz
Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!
note from Kelly of GR: I should have known to ask Anne how to do this first. Just two weeks ago I spent HOURS trying to do this on my own hair with no luck. I will try again and see if I can post the results!
Photos: Maggie Gyllenhaal – Jason Merritt/Getty Images via PicApp.com; Charlize Theron – Valerie Macon/Getty Images via PicApp.com
Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.