I don't have the answers. There is no such thing as youth in a bottle. But there are things you can do to slow down how quickly time marches across your face. Some are easier than others, but each one of these is an easy decision to make. You don't need to spend a million dollars or go broke in a Sephora.
1. Wear an SPF every single day. Start when you are a baby and never stop. If you've tanned a lot in the past, stop doing that. Wear an SPF every day from today forward. If you don't, then stop spending money on creams and lasers. Stop reading beauty blogs. You're doing it all wrong. Either make the change or stop thinking about how to look younger.
2. Don't smoke. Don't drink to excess that often. Get plenty of sleep. Meditate. Relax. Smile more. Take deep breathes and appreciate the beauty around you. Slow down.
3. Use skincare. Any skincare. Until I was in my mid-30s, I wore Oil of Olay every day. Estheticians gave me guff about this constantly. I look younger now then they did then, so get off your high horse. Yes, some products work better than others. But the key to a solid skincare regimen? Consistency. Find out what works for you and use it daily. I switch my skincare every six to eight weeks and it still works for me. The key is to do something. And to do that something every day.
4. Wash your face before you go to bed. I don't even care if you don't wash it in the morning, but wash the day off of your face. Every day.
5. Wear sunglasses when you're outside. I need to do this more often. Your eyes will crinkle much faster if you don't.
6. Apply sunscreen and your skincare to your neck and the back of your hands. The neck and hands are a dead giveaway if you do nothing. Don't neglect them.
7. See a derm once a year and make sure all of your bits are in good shape. If you can swing it, a laser treatment may be very, very helpful. If you've got sagging skin, Ultherapy may be what you're seeking.
Easier said than done, right? Here's to a younger looking you!
Find Kelly on Google+. Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here.