1. Mascara ads where false lashes are being used. Seriously? Why advertise your mascara by showing us something that obviously sits on a throne of lies? At least there are disclaimers on most of the adverts now. No wonder we always hate our lashes!
2. Products called Fat Girl anything. I once met with a brand who then sent me a gift basket...filled with Fat Girl products. Thanks for the products. And for recognizing I could lose a few pounds. Those creams never really work, so let's stop making them and for the love of cheese, let's stop naming them "Fat Girl".
3. Overly airbrushed anything makes me nuts. No one believes that she really looks like that, so why are you still trying? Real people without most of the retouching, please.
4. Perfume ads that have women lost in a forest waiting to be rescued, need to stop. No woman that spends that much on a single bottle of perfume would ever get lost in the woods wearing a dress like that.
5. Ads that only show the makeup on really white people and never anyone with a tan or dark skin. Come ON!
6. Teeny tiny portions of eyeshadow that brushes barely fit in are not helpful, ever. No matter how cute the packaging may be.
7. If BB/CC/DD creams are going to be a thing, they have to have more than 3 colors available. Not many people are actually that taupe.
8. Holiday makeup collections that are just recycled bits of things no one bought during the year. Stop it! We know what you are up to, give us gold and glitter!
9. Packaging that forces you to find alternate ways to get the product out of the bottom are not ok. Is it that hard for the Wen pumps to work? Does anyone have an old pro size UDPP that they didn't cut apart?
What makes you bonkers when it comes to beauty companies? Share, will ya?
Find Kelly on Google+, Twitter or Facebook. Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here. Subscribe and never miss a thing!