Sunless tanners don't have to turn you orange. I'm one of those people who easily goes orange, so I've turned the wrong color more than once. But your summer can be spent looking luxuriously tan instead of trying to get nail polish remover to take off self-tanner mistakes (hair color remover works well too).
So here is how to get the perfect tan.
1. Use Beautisol. This sunless tanner gives you a perfect color that looks amazing on your skin. Most beauty bloggers that I know rave about Beautisol. If bloggers can all agree on one thing, it's that Beautisol is one of the best self-tanners ever.
2. Start by exfoliating your skin. Try a Hammam Deep Exfoliation Mitt to really remove the dead skin from your body. While it's not safe for your face, your body will never be as smooth as after you use a Hammam. If you've never tried one, pick one up. You can thank me later.
3. Keep your skin hydrated! If you are using Beautisol, you'll never get that scaly look. It doesn't have alcohol that dries out your skin. Even if you are using Beautisol, your skin will always look its best when it's moisturized. If you want, apply a lotion to dry areas like knees and elbows before you apply your self-tanner. Don't forget to apply lotion to your toes to preserve your fancy pedicure!
4. When applying a self-tanner, be sure to use gloves, so your hands won't have the telltale orange covering your palms. You can buy Beautisol with a fantastic applicator mitt that is part sponge applicator, part glove. Apply one section at a time, using large, circular strokes. Try to use your palms more than your fingers - fingers create streaks! Beautisol has a guide color that will ensure you'll never streak.
5. After you've tanned, wear loose clothes. Tanning at night is the perfect time. Not only will you wake up refreshed, but you'll look like you've been on vacation!
I can't recommend Beautisol enough. It's honestly one of the only products all of my blogger friends (and I have a lot of them) can wholeheartedly agree on!
Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here.
Subscribe and never miss a thing!