In the issue of Makeup Wars, we are pitting our favorite cream shadows against each other. This is a tricky one for me, because I prefer cream shadows over powder (unless they are a gelee-based shadow). In fact, I prefer cream products over powder products a majority of the time. So picking my favorite cream shadows isn't that easy. I picked my top five favorites. These are the ones I feel really strongly about that aren't in pencil form.
5. Tarte Waterproof Amazonian Clay Cream Shadow/Liner ($24). These cream shadows offer an opaque pigment that doesn't move until you take it off. The color range doesn't take any major leaps of creativity, but it's one of the best for the basics. The new Aqualillies in Splash is my favorite cream shadow for the summer. Just be sure to close the lid tightly to make your shadow last as long as possible.
4. L'OREAL Infallible Eyeshadow ($8). This creamy shadow is similar to my number one choice and only ranks at a 3 because it's missing some of the color range. These more subtle shades add a gleam to your eye that can make you look like you've stepped out of the chair of a starlet on a movie set.
3. Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams ($23). These cream shadows bring a major punch, wear forever and can even go swimming with you! Where else can you get a canary yellow matte cream shadow?
2. Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow ($36). Chanel cream shadows are marvelous for adding a wash of color, but are even better for lining your eyes. The Mirifique shade is hands down my favorite to line my eyes with. The Vision (which looks like golf leaf on your eyes) is also beautiful but best as night as, after you hit the fourth hour, the shadow starts shedding on your cheeks. Still, these are beautiful.
1. Buxom Stay There Cream Shadows ($18). I feel like these shadows were some of the first to really pave the way for other spongy, cream shadows. The colors are BRIGHT, shimmery and truly beautiful. I wish they would release more of them. This is the only collection of which I own everything that was ever released.
Check out what my other Makeup Wars companions selected as their favorites by clicking the tiles below.
Official disclosure/disclaimer statement can be found here.
Subscribe and never miss a thing!